Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Flu season is in full swing & this is something you may want to keep on hand in your freezer. This is a very hardy soup that is great for cold days to warm the tummy. Last year I searched through so many different soup recipes to see what was the common ingredients & one ingredient that caught my attention was ground cloves. After trying it out last winter, I’ve concluded that this will always be in my CNS for the future.
- 1 whole cooked chicken from when you cooked the Homemade Chicken Broth (sometimes I don’t use all the chicken, depending on the size of the bird or how much meat you want in your soup)
- all the broth from what you prepared the day before
- 4 carrots, scrubbed and chopped into small bites
- 3 celery sticks, scrubbed and chopped into small bites
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped into small bites
- 4 Tbs crushed garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cloves (may need more to taste)
- 1 pkg. of noodles of any kind
Place all ingredients in your stock pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer & let cook until vegetables are tender, roughly an hour.
You can either cook the noodles in with everything else or boil separately. I do both ways & its always tasty. If you do cook noodles with everything, be prepared to add more water as the broth cooks down.