- 2lb ground meat
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 2T minced garlic
- 1 10 3/4oz can cream of celery soup
- 1 10 3/4oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 3/4oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1T freshly ground flax seed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2lb bag frozen tater tot (I actually use more than 2 lbs, it’s your taste on how much you want to use)
- 1 bag, frozen or fresh, broccoli lightly steamed**
Turn oven on at 350 degrees. Brown ground meat with chopped onion & minced garlic. Add the 3 cans of soup with 2 can’s of milk (you can add 3 cans of milk, I just find it makes the mix a little too runny for my taste). Mix in the ground flax seed. Spread 1/2 of the frozen tater tots on the bottom of a glass dish. Pour meat mix over top of tater tots. Arrange the rest of the tater tots on top (I like making mine pretty), pressing down into the mix. Bake for 1 hour. 5 minutes before it’s done cooking, turn on the broiler to brown the tots on top. Sometimes I also like to add shredded cheese (whatever flavor we have in the fridge at the time). Once you take it out, let it sit for 10 minutes before you dish it up.
**To make this a complete meal dish, you can always add lightly cooked broccoli.