This is courtesy of my friend Erica. She made this for a BBQ we had with our families several years ago & it was excellent. The funny thing is, neither her husband nor my now husband, ate any of this & one batch makes a BUNCH! Someday maybe they’ll learn to like veggies because this is a dish to enjoy!
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 5 roma tomatos, diced
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- 2-3 green onions (scallions, however you call them), chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can yellow corn, drained
- 1 can white corn, drained
- 2 cans black eyed peas, drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 bottle of robust/zesty Italian dressing
- Fresh cilantro – to taste
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
Mix together & chill for at least 3 hours.
**This makes a lot. It’s been a while since I made this, going to make a batch for the coming holidays & try to freeze it. I’ll update y’all with my finding’s if this freezes well or not.