Last summer my father-in-law supplied me with more than enough zucchini. I cut, breaded & froze so much zucchini, my upright freezer even said enough!! I started looking for a good zucchini bread recipe & found a couple I meshed together & voila, the BEST zucchini bread I’ve ever had!!
I tried freezing some loafs (original thought was to make the bread & then freeze to eat later in the year) & they kinda became squashed when I used my vacuum seal system. Then I had a brilliant moment – shred the correct amount needed of zucchini & freeze. I could make fresh loafs whenever I want thru the winter!! Taste of summer whenever we want!!! Yes, I’m supper excited at this idea!!!!!!
Ingredients (for the bread):
- 3c whole wheat flour
- 1t salt1t baking soda
- 1t baking powder
- 3t ground cinnamon
- 1t ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs1c coconut oil (or regular oil if you want)
- 1 1/4c white sugar
- 1c brown sugar
- 5t vanilla extract
- 3c grated zucchini (don’t drain, use it all!)
- 1c chopped roasted walnuts/pecans
Ingredients (for the topping):
- 1/2c regular oats
- 1/2c brown sugar
- 1/4c flour
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 1/4c butter
- Grease & flour two loaf pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the loafs are baking, make the topping mix.
- At 30 minutes, sprinkle the topping mix on both loafs & put the pans back in for at least 15-25 minutes more.
- The bread is done once a knife is inserted & pulled out & is clean.
- Cool in the pan for a while before removing & cooling completely on the rack.